Collierville & East Memphis Golf Courses
If shopping and hanging out with Elvis isn’t your leisure activity of choice in the Memphis area, then golf must be! There are several world-class golf courses throughout the East Memphis area. The Hampton Inn Collierville East Memphis is conveniently located near main thoroughfares that provide easy access to some of the areas best links. Everything from prestigious country club private courses to the local municipal courses are within your reach. We’ve listed some of our favorite area golf courses below:
- Audubon Golf Course, 4160 Park Ave, Memphis, TN 38117, (901)683-6941, public. This course was built on gently rolling terrain and has tree-lined fairways. There is water that comes into play on a couple of holes. The signature hole is #4, a 440-yard, par 4, with a dogleg fairway that has an oak tree in the middle that can affect your tee shot. This is one of eight municipal courses in the local area. The others are Crockett, Overton, Galloway, Riverside, Pine Hill, Fox Meadows and McKellar.
- Cordova Club Golf Course, 7363 CryStal Lake Dr, Cordova, TN 38018, (901)758-8188, semi-private. This course features narrow fairways that are tree lined, and water hazards coming into play on seven holes. “Golf Digest” nominated this course as one of the “Best New Public Courses” for 1993. The front nine fairways are more narrow than the back nine’s because there are more homes lining them.
- Fox Meadows Golf Course, 3064 Clarke Rd, Memphis, TN 38115, (901)362-0232, public. This flat course is easy to walk. Water hazards come into play on several holes, and many trees can alter your shots. The signature hole is #7, a 384-yard, par 4, which has a dogleg left fairway and requires a difficult carry over water.
- Germantown Country Club, 1780 Kimbrough Rd, Germantown, TN 38138, (901)754-6453, private. This traditional course has elevated greens and very narrow fairways. Accurate tee shots are at a premium on this course. One of the most difficult holes on this course is #6, a 590-yard, par 5, requiring shots over a ditch that meanders its way up the fairway.
- Links At Galloway, The, 3815 Walnut Grove Rd, Memphis, TN 38111, (901)685-7805, public. Formerly known as Galloway Golf Course, this short and scenic course has plenty of character. The terrain is flat and easy to walk, but the narrow fairways may cause some problems.
- Ridgeway Country Club, 9800 Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN 38139, (901) 853-2247, private. This 18-hole regulation length course feature 4 sets of teeboxes and challenges for players of all ages and skill levels. Also available are practice facilities, tennis courts, swimming pool, fitness area, dining and more.
- TPC at Southwind, 3325 Club at Swind, Memphis, TN 38125, (901)748-0330, private. This course has water hazards coming into play on many holes, and the dry holes have large trees that can alter your shots. Several of the fairways are doglegs. “Golf Digest” rated this as the 5th “Best in State” course in previous years. It is pictured above.
Of course this is only a sampling of the East Memphis golf courses. There are many more in the surrounding communities. Visit this golf course website to look up additional courses in the area. It displays a page with all Tennessee cities and allows easy click-through links for links all over the Volunteer State.
This website guarantees the best available rate on the Internet and is backed with Hilton’s best rate guarantee program. All reservations made from this site are eligible for points and miles through the coveted Hilton HHonors® loyalty program.
After a fun day of golf you’re bound to be hungry – check out nearby dining options on our Dining Page.